The Doctoral School of Practical Sciences (EDSP) groups together some 250 doctoral students from the various research laboratories on campus at Cachan. Among them, about 35 are preparing joint international Ph.Ds, in collaboration with top institutions all over the world.
Together with the training in research skills students acquire through the specialisation of theses, they can also:
- extend their scope of knowledge beyond their initial disciplines through a series of classes and seminars on financial markets, chaos theory, fractals and wavelets...;
- develop complementary skills - languages, educational practices, international negotiation, programming and IT;
- prepare for entry into the workplace - interview techniques, understanding the professional world;
- benefit from international experience through joint Ph.Ds, exchange programs...;
- benefit from an active multidisciplinary environment due to the synergies among the different laboratories on campus.